Sunday, January 20, 2008

Like Munieca To My Ears

Andrea has the cutest shoppe called Munieca. She has these fun little characters she has created that come to life in her colorful earrings and brooches. The best part, and the most original part, is that all of her creations are made from paper. What a nifty paper artist she is!

il_430xN.16566323

1.How long have you been crafting?

I think that always did crafts. I remember when I was 3 or 4 years, my mom gave me little potatoes with strange forms. I was painting birds and paces on them. Then until now I love to draw, write and make collages. I really enjoy making things with paper.

il_430xN.17260662

2.Did you always craft in this genre?

I always did and do crafts with paper. Love to make sculptures, or use the paper like a support for other things, like paintings, jewelry, etc. I think that the paper is a material very generous.

il_430xN.13736593

3.Who or what inspires you?

My mom is a figure important. She is a crafter as well, but I always feel inspired by big artists, crafters that I found on Flickr, blogs and etsy. Always inspired me the oriental culture, like the anime, movies, folklore. So I think my little dolls, the infantil faces, birds and flowers are present in my crafts.

il_430xN.15496880

4.What challenges have you found while taking your craft into the business world?

My first challenge was show out my little things to others. Then day by day, I try to renew me and grow up. I can't leave my principal material, the paper, but I always try to create over the created, with that I'm feel comfortable.

il_430xN.8993856

I think she's utterly creative, and i know you will as well. Enjoy looking at her Etsy! :)

No comments: