Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ode To Food Photographers

When i was younger and people asked me what i wanted to be i had two answers. The most often answer of the two was a food photographer. I LOVE food photography, it just speaks to me! And boy oh boy, don't leave me along at the produce department or farmers market or i'll be there for ages.

I randomly found Janick on Flickr and was captured by her simple yet artistic expressions of her breakfast table. She photographs foods quite well and i love how she shows some of her jewelry in her shots. She makes wonderful jewelry as well, so you WILL want to check that out as well.

2110138453_b0b8b9f408

How long have you been crafting?

I remember doing macramé bracelets in early high school, so I guess my crafting days really "seriously" started around 12yo.

2071029463_375b0e7fcc

2056757943_9a3e3691ea

Did you always craft in this genre?

I've always had a thing for jewelry, I guess it's a woman thing! I've done mostly drawing, multi-media, painting, photography, jewelry and graphic design for a while now. Recently, I started knit and cross-stitch and I'm planing on roving and sewing very soon! I can never get enough of making things, learning new techniques and exploring a new craft!

2183378952_bee13580bc

Who or what inspires you?

Textures and materials inspire me mostly for my jewelry! I like trying out new ways to view a medium! Photography also inspires me a great deal. In that matter, thanks to the wonderful Flickr community, inspiration is only a few clicks away!

2246864016_19ec5fffa8

2239691837_5315e03133

What challenges have you found while taking your craft into the business world?

Since I started selling a year and half ago, I have found it more and more challenging to get noticed! The handmade community is growing soooo quickly, it's hard to keep up! I always try to find new ways to get noticed, but frankly, without my advertising and graphic design skills I learned in school, I would be really lost! Trying hard - and often failing! - motivates me to try different marketing ideas that are growing in my head!

Head over to her Flickr, say hello, look at her amazing photography and stop and see her beautiful jewelry. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: