Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stamp-tastic Jewelry.

I never realized other people had fascination with stamps besides me. This jewelry is a fabulous tribute to another gal's love of old stamps. Betsy has a shoppe called Fox Glove Accessories which houses beautiful photographs of her clever jewels.

il_430xN.18374532

How long have you been crafting?

I've been cutting/pasting/taping/stringing/printing/stitching things together for as long as I can remember! But in July of 2006, I decided that is was time to sit down and create a cohesive body of work that I could grow and create a profit from. Thus, Foxglove Accessories was born!

il_430xN.14622297

Did you always craft in this genre?

Oh no. When it comes to crafting, I'm all over the place. Recently I've been re-discovering sewing, trying my hand at woodworking, and perfecting my lemon meringue pie recipe.

il_430xN.16473083

Who or what inspires you?

Typography, Joseph Cornell, gaudy wallpaper from the 50s, beautiful wood grain, books that make me cry, full attics that haven't been touched in years, ribbons, and the meticulous layouts and designs from the postage stamps I handle every day.

il_430xN.14949128

What challenges have you found while taking your craft into the business world?

It can be so emotional! When you put your skills, creativity and heart into a business, it's hard not to take everything personally. Sometimes I feel like Foxglove Accessories is an awkward 12-year-old-girl that's growing faster than her body can handle. Over time, I'm sure she will blossom into a sophisticated, confident woman. But until then, I'm still working up the courage to take the next big steps. Don't worry, though - girls grow up fast!

il_430xN.16471853

Head over to Betsy's shoppe to see all of her stamp-tastic jewelry. :)

No comments: