Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Year Ago Today...The Hospital




One Year ago today...i was in excruciating pain. I had just come back from California and happened to kick a couple pieces of glass. I cut my pinky toe open in four places.

[who the CRAP can cut such a tiny toe that many times?]

They could only put four stitches in it since i did such a bad job, and couldn't even sew up the top of my toe. A shame too, since i am still having pain and nerve problems with that silly toe. :[


Anyways...during this time, i was very blessed with some special friends. Some of whom are still in my life. Others who are not. Regardless...i am so thankful for these special people. Last summer was magical and I'm so thankful for it.

I spent the next 5 months on crutches, had to clean my wound more times then i could count. Battled MANY tears. But it taught me that i am so much stronger then i EVER anticipated.

It sucks [royally] that i am still in pain. BUT I'm so thankful for the lessons i learned while taking care of myself during this time...one year ago starting today.

One year later...life is still crazy.

There are [many] days i still feel like my life is falling apart. But even in the "worst of days"..

..i am still very thankful for all the blessings, in my life.
[past, present and future]

I hope you are having a lovely day that doesn't involve hospitals!
Peace, Love, and PBJ,
Jenipher

1 comment:

* said...

ouch on that darn pinky toe!!